Meditation: A Closer Walk with God
We can receive help more through meditation than through any other source!
Apart from dreams, meditation is a source of spiritual guidance—a way in and through which God communicates with us. For a spiritual seeker, learning to meditate is as basic as learning to walk and talk. The yogis of India and other sages emphasized meditation as a means of spiritual illumination and physical strength. Meditation is the single most powerful spiritual discipline. It is the door to God-consciousness, and leads to joy and well-being. This experiential workshop draws upon mystical works, the Bible, and teachings from Yoga.
This workshop will address:
‣ Why meditate?
‣ What takes place in meditation?
‣ What’s the best form of meditation?
‣ How do I prepare for meditation?
‣ How long should I meditate?
‣ How do I find time to meditate?
‣ What are the best times to meditate?
‣ How can I improve my meditation practice?
‣ What is the nature of prayer in relation to meditation?
‣ What is the role of Christ in meditation?
‣ How do I "tame" my restless mind?
‣ What's the role of dreams in relation to meditation?
‣ Does meditation facilitate healing?
‣ Where do I begin?
Invite Jerry to lead this workshop in your area!